Tuesday, 6 October 2015
John Colquhoun - A Football Agent For Our Times
Whatever happened to John Colquhoun?
From being a rather moderate footballer with a delightful perm and an honorary degree from Edinburgh University...
... to this.
* Matchfixing and Insider Trading of Premier League games (http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/happy-anniversary-to-roy-hodgson.html)
* Systemic Fraud (http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/mobgate-6.html)
* Abusive Control of Celtic FC Transfer Policy, Loans and Team Selection
* Working with Roy Hodgson to Detriment of Team England (http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/the-hodgson-template.html)
* Hidden Editorial and Nom De Plume Control of The Guardian Newspaper Football Output (http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/guardian-fabrication-of-reality.html)
* Professional Gambler Working With Insiders To Fix Matches (http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/john-colquhoun-and-jonathan-moss.html)
* Threats and Menaces to Whistleblowers and Links to Organised Crime
* Football Agent with Propensity for Illegal Third Party Ownership
There is another primary issue aside from the corruption, fraud, matchfixing, insider trading, organised crime, threats and menaces and the usage of football clubs to enhance his personal fortune...
... and this relates to taxation.
Of course, no tax is paid on professional gambling and insider trading so when Colquhoun orchestrates bets in the £100K+ range, there is no HMRC waiting in the wings.
But in relation to illegitimate Third Party Ownership and the receiving of brown paper envelopes (or, in Colquhoun's case, suitcases) containing tens of thousands of pounds from fellow agents over player control, we think that the HMRC will be interested.
Colquhoun rents football to create personal wealth (http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/football-for-rent.html).
He happily criminalises our national sport.
But even if one accepts that football is fucked, in times of fake austerity, rich bastards should beware.
© Football is Fixed 2006-2015
Posted by Ojo del Toro at 10:42