Wednesday 16 September 2015

Forever Omertà

20 years ago today I began a Ph.D in Economics.
My supervisory professor is a leading economist who undertakes high level consultancies at governmental level and has held senior positions at the Institute of Directors.

It was he who first told me to look at refereeing corruption in the Premier League.
He even gave me our first piece of 'evidence'.

20 years on after countless corrupted events who has been brought to book?
Delroy Facey.

The title of my thesis was "The Impact of Conspicuous Money on British Horseracing Outcomes".

2:15 Catterick £3K prize money, off-course/on-course betting market volume £1million and a tilted book.

Discuss.

End of season Premier League game where neither team has anything to play for, global betting market volume £1billion and a tilted book.

Discuss.